Monday, November 8, 2010

THE SCHOOL FALL FESTIVAL

This is our 7th year at our elementary school. In all those years I have gone to the fall festival. It's our biggest fundraiser of the year and I not only like to support our school, but the kids have a great time! I've even done my turn as a fall festival parent. I've set up booths, taken down booths, sent millions of letters home asking for help, put together our classroom silent auction basket, attended meetings, and worked with lots of parents. But this year....I'm just tired! It was the first year I didn't want to even go to the fall festival. So....I decided to not give myself a hard time and ask Tony if he would take the kids alone. He didn't have a problem taking them or volunteering at the booths I was going to work at.....SCORE! (thanks, tony) This year Colton also decided to stay home....yes, he IS too cool for this school!
When Tony, Asher and Kyler came home we were greeted by this!
Kyler had his face painted.....as what you might ask?!?
A zombie, of course!
(apparently this zombie plays soccer)
The scariest part about that night.....no, not these glasses...
(although I did freak out my mom and Tony with them....heehee)
The scariest part was hearing all about Asher's night.....the hanging out with his friends and GIRLS!!!!!!! He was too cool for the games and decided to spend his tickets on food/drinks and just hang out with his friends. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS KILLS ME?!?!?? I've accepted (for the most part) that Colton is a teen and growing up.....but NOT my Asher!!! My Asher that used to snuggle with me ALL THE TIME!!!!! The boy that loved being by my side! Well....THE BOY!!!!! He's not a boy anymore and I'm having a very hard time with it!!!!!!!!
(side note: I watched Toy Story 3 for the 1st time last night. I heard from all my friends that they got emotional with this one. I was totally prepared and made it through the movie great. I was even wondering what they were talking about until the very end of the movie. I could feel my emotions running away and then.........well, if you thought Tempe Town Lake bursting down the Salt River was dramatic.....that was nothing compared to my water works!!! I was only consoled by the fact that Colton is just a freshman in high school. On the bright side...I got a great cry in!)

3 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet but I'm certain I would react the same way. I can't handle my kids changing so much so fast. I'm proud of you for taking some time off from running the show!

jachakes said...

Zombies are the new Vampires!

Tabitha said...

I can barely handle that Henry's trying to stand up (and succeeding) already... I can't even think about girls entering the picture! :)