Monday, August 22, 2011

22 YEARS!!!

Can you believe it's been 22 years since Tony and I were married?!?  I guess it's easier to believe if you look at our wedding pictures!
There we were.....just babies!  
Tony was 22....I was 19.
 My mom took the boys this weekend so we could have the house to ourselves!  (thanks!)  Unfortunately, our van's a/c broke down on Thursday and we were hosting a dinner group for church on Saturday.  We didn't let that get in the way of our weekend alone!  It did get me thinking on anniversaries past that also weren't ideal.  Like our 5th Anniversary- we had a miscarriage a few months earlier....oh, and we both lost our jobs that summer too!  We did get to see Harry Connick Jr. in concert.....because we bought the tickets before the job loss.  Or our 7th Anniversary- where Tony insisted we take Colton with us to dinner.  He didn't see how an anniversary celebration would ever be complete without taking our child (or future children) with us!!!  I offered to walk around with Colton during our appetizer so I could sit and enjoy my entree.  (note: Tony has never suggested we take our children with us to celebrate anniversaries again)  There was the 15th Anniversary- we went to see Van Halen in concert and Tony was thrilled to change our song to Van Halen's When It's Love.  There was also a memorable anniversary where we dined at Fat Burger and came home to watch The Simpson's Movie.
I love looking back on the past 22 years.  I love seeing all the ups and downs, the adventures, the drama, the fun, the craziness, the busy times, and the busier times.  I love watching my boys grow up (even though Asher is now dangerously close to being a teenager.....HELP!!!!!) and live their crazy, fun-filled lives...and yes, I even love their drama!  Now I'm off to continue living this very crazy, 
very busy, 
very blessed life!
(I also love last year's anniversary post if you want to see it again here)

3 comments:

La Famille B said...

Here's to a happy 22 years and more to come! Wow, that's a long time! At least you haven't taken your father in law on half your anniversary dates like me! Glad you got some time alone, a nice present. I think we should start planning for 25!

Jen Hakes said...

Happy anniversary! All us August anniversary cousins need to go to Hawaii together one year to celebrate. I agree, taking kids along just isn't ideal. Been there, done that.

jachakes said...

Happy Anniversary! Have fun Storming the Castle! Hee!