Wednesday, August 20, 2008

19 YEARS ON THE 19TH



That's right, August 19th marked our 19th wedding anniversary (and I was 19 when we got married)! I know what you're all thinking (all 4 of you that read this!) - This anniversary is even more monumental than Michael Phelps winning 8 gold medals in the 8-8-08 olympics! And really......WE WOULD HAVE TO AGREE! We started out in 1989 with nothing to our name. We enjoyed a beautiful honeymoon at Disneyland and our song was Debbie Gibson's "Lost in Your Eyes". 19 years later - We have 3 kids at 3 different schools, a Mita, Tae Kwon Do lessons, Dr. appts, volunteering, jobs, orchestra rehearsals, church jobs and never enough sleep. We celebrated last night (after Tae Kwon Do) by having a great dinner at FATBURGER (hamburgers and onion rings to die for!) and coming back home (school night) to watch The Simpsons Movie. Just in case you were curious about our song, that's changed in the past 19 years too! Tony could never (DIDN'T WANT TO) remember our song. In 2004, I helped Tony correct the only regret he had in his life - TO SEE VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY HAGAR. (that is a long story in and of itself....maybe one day I'll share.....maybe this is enough embarrassment for now, we'll see) When they sang "When It's Love" I sarcastically suggested that we choose that for our "new" song. Tony was so excited it was (and is) embarrassing - but hey, he now ALWAYS remembers our song. I'll leave you now with some of the timeless lyrics to our "new" song WHEN IT'S LOVE:

HEY (kind of screamed out by Sammy)

How do I know when it's love?
I can't tell you but it lasts forever
Ooh, how does it feel when it' love?
It's just something you feel together, hey!

(Guitar Solo)

(Oh oh oh oh) Yeah, you can feel it
(Oh oh oh oh) Oh, when it's love
(Oh oh oh oh) When nothin's missing, ow!

Ooh, when it's love
Hey! It'll last forever

Well, I agree with the last lyric IT'LL LAST FOREVER.....HEY! (screamed out in Sammy Hagar fashion)

2 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

You can't change your song. I remember it like it was yesterday. I thought you guys were so cool (I was only 10 at the time). I will always remember your wedding and how you let your cousins participate in so much of it. I am so grateful that you were so great to us. You two are the best and I am so blessed to have you in my life. Congratulations on 19 happy years full of so much laughter and love.

Jen Hakes said...

I love the photos of the two of you...awh, so cute! You guys crack me up! When I think of the song we used at our wedding, "If You Think My Eyes Are Beatuiful", I just laugh because it's so cheezy! We even made my roommate Jeni sing it and she was embarrased back then, poor girl. Congrats!