Monday, February 10, 2014

THE GILBERT TEMPLE

We took our family on January 31st for a tour and loved every minute of it.  It was a beautiful, cool and overcast day (my favorite!), which made waiting outside very pleasant. 
Beginning of Tour
  End of Tour
 We were able to take the boys through to look at the baptismal font, instruction room, celestial room, and a sealing room.  It is so beautiful with all the agave design in the stained glass, moldings, light fixtures, vases, carpet, etc. 
 I was really happy to have my family together in the temple, but I couldn't stop thinking about this summer.  Colton plans to enter the temple for his own endowments this summer.  Like in 4 months......FOUR MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!  Needless to say, I was quite emotional....excited, thrilled, grateful, and so scared at how quickly my kids are growing up.
 I'm shrinking!  That's what it feels like standing next to my 6'3" son.  Even Kyler's almost too tall for me to stand behind him in photos.  The next week, Tony and I took Colton and Asher to work at the open house.  The boys were busy cleaning wheelchair wheels and putting shoe coverings on peoples feet.  Tony was directing people outside the temple and I was just outside the sealing room.  We all had a wonderful time serving and even enjoyed a dinner out together.
The open house runs through this Saturday.  Then we will countdown to the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration on March 1st.  The youth from 25 stakes (around 12,000 twelve to eighteen year olds) will be performing for the prophet and other leaders.  Our youth have been working hard to learn the dance, songs and sign language for this event.  As a mom and youth leader, I'm so happy excited for this once in a lifetime opportunity for these kids.  Then the following day, Sunday, March 2nd, the temple will be dedicated.  So many great opportunities, so many blessings!

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

That celebration is going to be incredible. Wish I could be there to witness it. Hopefully I'll get to see some video of it. I have a niece and two nephews who also get to participate. Very exciting stuff! It will be awesome to have another temple so close to you guys.

La Famille B said...

I am so glad you got to tour it. What an amazing experience with your family.