Thursday, February 20, 2014

VALENTINE'S DAY

Kyler's Class Valentine's Party
I makes me happy that he still loves for me to help out with parties and field trips. After all the valentines were passed out, Kyler emptied his box into the bag to see all his loot!  (remember when valentines were just valentines....not loaded with candy, glow sticks, pencils, balloons, etc)
 He read every card and took note of all the candy.
Kyler left his Valentine's in the van and when we cleaned out the van on Monday I found a HUGE red heart that a girl had given him.  Kyler looked at it and said, "She went big and didn't go home!"  Audra, I thought of you...Go big or Go home!
Remember Kyler's Valentines from last year....I loved them!
This year he chose Star Wars again....but this time he was the star.  Tony put 3 different backgrounds in, but Kyler chose the death star.  I printed out the photos and then used a hole punch for the top of the flashlight.  Then Kyler put a glow stick through the hole for the lightsaber and taped it to the back of the photo.  I was at a meeting for the Gilbert Temple Cultural Celebration the night these were made (along with 1,500 other people.....yes, it was CRAZY!)  I was thankful that Tony took care of things, but I didn't get a photo of a completed one.  I did ask Kyler to put his name on the back, but he informed me it wasn't necessary since his photo was on it.  I mean, come on!  Who doesn't know Kyler!!!!  Silly mom.


 Back to the party...drawing a halo on the board for a photo op.
That's my Kyler!
 Up next......tasting some really sour candy.



 I really enjoyed that!
 After the party, I realized I had forgotten about my allergy shots.  We raced to the doctors and discovered that "Nemo" was dying.  He wasn't doing too well and kept tipping over.  I don't think I'll see him there next month.  Kyler's response.....
Some Live, Some Die.
 And finally.....flowers!  Not just flowers, but flowers that were DELIVERED to my door!  They arrived on Thursday while I was out.  I was so happy to see them and as I took them inside I saw that they were addressed to Anthony Stock.  Yes....for a minute I wondered what foolish woman sent him flowers!  After reading the card, I realized they were sent to me from Anthony.  (thank goodness.....Valentine's Day almost got violent!!!)  I will say that he's consistent with little mishaps.....my flowers being addressed to him......one anniversary he brought me chocolates wrapped with a Happy Birthday sticker.....typical Tony ;-) Note: the coral rose was not a part of the bouquet.  We ate at Blue Adobe and they gave me a rose as we left.
Happy 25th Valentine's Day to us!


1 comment:

La Famille B said...

Love the flowers. Looks like Kyler had an awesome v day too!