Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2014!?!

I was so excited when Colton was given this shirt at Bookstore Day, but now....IT JUST SCARES ME!!!!! 2014......that's not far off. How can I pretend that I will have this boy with us forever if I keep seeing the reminder that one day he will graduate and move on in his life. One day we won't have daily contact with him...and then.........he'll go on a mission!!! As much as I want that for him, I can't even begin to think about how much I'm going to miss him. For now though, he's still mine. I can enjoy him every day. I can talk to him and guide him and see for myself all the ways that he's growing and developing. Truthfully, it makes me more PROUD than scared. He's a great young man and the next six years will continue to help him (and me) prepare for that day in May 2014! GO HUSKIES!

No comments: