Thursday, January 28, 2010

BLESSINGS

Sunday my cousin and his wife were blessed to welcome their first baby, Drew. Unfortunately, Drew made his appearance too early. He's doing ok and many pictures have been shared of this little boy. As I look at this 3 pound 15 ounce baby, it reminds me of some premies from 20 years ago! My sisters and youngest brother were delivered early and they weighed in at 4 pounds 1/2 ounce, 4 pounds 7 ounces, and 5 pounds 4 ounces. They were so fragile and tiny and we prayed and prayed and prayed for all of them to grow and develop and be strong. Prayers were answered. They did grow. They did develop. They are strong. They are all attending college - Audra and Catherine at BYU-ID (if you know it by Rick's....then we know how old you are!) and Austin's at BYU-Provo. Here they are at Catherine's wedding in August (yep, she was born 20 years after me and married 20 years after my August wedding!) So sweet!
This was one of my favorite parts of the reception - The Triplet Dance!
So hang in there Andrew and Michelle! Baby Drew has LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of family praying and praying and praying for him. (and for you too!) We love you!!!

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Amen sister!

Andrew and Michelle Cardon said...

thanks so much for all of your prayers. Drew is doing so well and I know it is because of all of the prayers. Thanks for blogging. I am just getting caught up and love reading about your exciting lives. You are an amazing mom.