Tuesday, October 8, 2013

RACHAEL'S BRIDAL SHOWER

I'm so excited for my cousin, Rachael!  She and Steve will be married on Thursday in the Salt Lake Temple.  Last month she came to Arizona and we were able to spoil her with a bridal shower.  Her colors are coral, grey and navy.  I loved her choices and couldn't wait to put things together.  Well......there is NO coral out there!  I decided to buy a huge foam core board and paint it three shades of coral for the backdrop.  (my mom ended up painting it while I gave the white shelves a fresh coat of paint)  Even at the scrapbook store I could only find one coral patterned paper.  It was enough to make a few banners and labels for the food table.  I even painted a few frames and filled them with a few engagement photos.
I love adding special touches.  This platter belonged to Rachael's grandma.
This teacup and saucer is one of our Mita's patterns.  I also added Mita's two little swans on the shelf below.  Even though they have both passed away, it was sweet to have a piece of them there.
It was a great afternoon filled with lots of friends, family and conversation.
I only wish I could be in Utah for the wedding!
I'm so happy I could help out with the shower and can't wait for the open house in December!
Congratulations, Steve and Rachael!!!

No comments: