Sunday, April 22, 2012

SCHOOL PROM aka THE FIRST DATE

 This is how Colton asked Catie to prom.  His name was written in permanent ink and the others were written in washable marker.  Clever, huh.
 Next step, buy a suit!  Doesn't he look handsome!!!
 The benefit of his first date being prom is that it's normal for parents to take photos.  Could you imagine how embarrassed he would have been with me following behind and snapping photos of his first date if it wasn't prom. 
We stayed on the sidewalk while he knocked on her door.  Her mother was so nice and invited us to come in and take more photos.
 I'm happy for him, but it's still weird to see him so grown up.
 I think my favorite photos were here next to the citrus trees.
 Ahhhhh, to be young again.
 Now it's time for the parents to leave and kids to go to the prom.  They had a great time and I can't wait to see their official prom photo!
I'm so thankful that our friends invited us over for dinner Saturday night.  It was a lot better than sitting in my bed looking through old scrapbooks, weeping and singing "Sunrise, Sunset".
Is this the little girl I carried?
Is this the little boy at play?
I don't remember growing older
When did they?
When did she get to be a beauty?
When did he grow to be so tall?
Wasn't it yesterday
When they were small?
Sunrise, Sunset
(sniff, sniff.....where's the tissue?!?)

2 comments:

La Famille B said...

Oh my! he is growing up! He does look so handsome and what a hot date he had. Glad he had a good time and you didn't spend all night weeping in your bed!

Jen Hakes said...

Oh I can only imagine how you were and are feeling! Yikes! I am excited for Savannah to drive one day but the dating thing can wait for a VERY long time!