Sunday, September 23, 2012

THRIFT STORE FINDS (aka THE MOTHER OF ALL FINDS!!!)

It was MY weekend to go thrifting!  Not only was it fun and inexpensive, but I found the elusive Holy Grail! (you know, the Holy Grail for the House of Steve!)  Saturday was 50% off Goodwill shopping.  Here's some items that didn't make it into the basket.  I about died when I found this mug.  My friend always says "I LOVE MY LIFE" to help her laugh in less than perfect moments.  I thought I had found THE gift for her.....
 until I saw that it actually said "wife".  Bummer!  But please tell me what husband would EVER use this mug?!? 
 Next up, Uncle Sam channeling Michael Jackson?!?  
Moving on.....
 to the original Angry Bird!
I guess it's true, if you feed a bird rice and then let him drink - he expands!  This one's about to burst!!!
 Now for something that I did put in the cart. 
Our Holy Grail....the elusive eagle!
I never had a problem finding eagles at thrift stores, until I was looking for one!  Then there wasn't an eagle to be found.   As I was preparing for Colton's Eagle Court of Honor, I had my vision of the food table.  There would be a large eagle in the center and smaller eagles on either side.  Instead, I found nothing.  Then, in a last ditch effort, I went to the dollar store and found these eagles.  I painted them red, white, blue and silver and they were placed on the display table by his eagle certificate.  Friday at Deseret Industries (DI), as I was looking at some chairs (look behind the eagle) I saw something across the room.  When I realized what it was, I yelled at my mom to watch my basket and ran.  It does exist and I found it!  It's even bigger and better than I ever imagined!!!  The only problem, I couldn't afford the price tag.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  Why would I find it only to leave it in the store.  Unbeknownst to me, a couple of employees were very curious as to why I was running through the store, yelling that I found it.  My mom quickly told them my plight, and when they saw I couldn't afford it, they had pity on me, reduced the price (less than 1/2 the original price), and I said YES!!!!  I was so excited....like EMBARRASSINGLY excited!  Like, taking my photo with it excited!  (and then blogging-about-it excited!)  And since this photo doesn't quite show his majesty...
 Here he is!
All two and a half feet of him!
Now, it's time for you to help.  He needs a name! (and I think to be painted one color - especially since he will be displayed in the House of Steve)  So, what would you name him?

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

How about Steve for a name? Congrats on finding such a gem. We found something yesterday at D.I. that you would have loved too. I will email you a photo. We took the picture for your eyes only. Would have bought it for you for Christmas but can't fit it in our luggage :(

La Famille B said...

Wow, he is a thing of beauty! I love it that you got him for a steal. Good thrifting work!