Monday, July 25, 2011

OUR ITALIAN FEAST!

I love kitchen tools, bakeware, dishes, tableclothes....any accessories for the kitchen or table!  Here's my new toy (thanks, Mom) a trio lasagna pan.  I broke it in with three different lasagnas. (I could even see just one lasagna, roasted veggies in one and bread in the other)  1st: regular meat and cheese with red sauce; 2nd: meat, cheese and veggie with red sauce; 3rd: veggie, cheese and alfredo sauce.  They were all delicious!
 Next up - Panzanella Salad!!!!!  Oh my heavens this was good.  I toasted up 1/2 a loaf of french bread cubed and tossed with olive oil.  Then I cut up a red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, zucchini and tomatoes and cooked them in a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  This was poured over the toasted bread cubes....DELICIOUS!!! 
 Here's our simple green salad with homemade balsamic vinaigrette. 
 Everyone ate plenty and the best part of leftover lasagna in this pan.....they transfer from this pan to containers much easier than a normal 9x13 pan.
This meal will needs to reappear on our table soon!

2 comments:

Jen Hakes said...

Wow! Perfect for parties! What a feast!

La Famille B said...

i am going to have to try that salad. i wish you could come cook for me!