Sunday, March 31, 2013

JUST MARRIED!

 Yesterday was my brother's wedding.  The day was beautiful and so was the ceremony.  Following the ceremony, was a nice luncheon and lots of visiting.  I was excited to get things set up and took a few pictures.  I planned on snapping lots of photos after the ceremony, but I was so busy in the kitchen.  After the lunch was put out on the tables, I started on the chocolate fountain table.  Then it was a balancing act of refilling dishes and melting more chocolate.  I wasn't able to get any more photos or even stop to enjoy the reception.  No worries though.  Everything was beautiful, everyone was fed, everyone had a great time.  I call that - Success!  Here's my pre-wedding shots:
This held our veggie dip in the center, then one bowl/platter for the carrots, snap peas, broccoli and tomatoes.
 The welcome sign was joined by some pretty flowers (as seen above) and the three bowls to the left held: broccoli salad, fruit salad and pasta salad.  The bowl to the far left was for water.
 This tray would be filled with chicken salad sandwiches and the bowl held extra rolls.
 The whole food table (the punch bowl is hidden on the left). You can also see the chocolate fountain table off the the far right.  I really wish I would have taken a photo before people started enjoying the chocolate.  An after photo would have been nice too....the tablecloth was covered in chocolate!
 The wedding was at the bride's Aunt & Uncle's home.  Mary & Matt were so welcoming and helpful.  Thank you for opening your beautiful home to us!
 One side of the tables.  I loved how everything came together.
 These were at each place setting.  The card read: Sherrily & Jean-Jacques along with their parents thank you for sharing in their special day.  March 30, 2013  I love that the band of spring paper hid the message and you only saw their names and wedding date as you sat down.  (I used 13 different papers for the bands, so each place setting was a different color)
 Each table had a white tablecloth, burlap runner, 2 jars of baby's breath and 1 jar of spring flowers.
 Their sweetheart table
I was excited to use burlap and make the banner.  I thought it was beautiful. (and I don't even care that they didn't sit there.  They did use the dishes though)
 The sign in table
 Trying out my new camera.  I realized that I have some reading to do!  I took a photography class some years ago and I really need to brush up on my knowledge.
 Another banner on the cake table. 
 The cake was not only beautiful, but delicious!
 Before the ceremony, sisters reunited!
 The Groom
 Exchanging rings
 Their first kiss as husband and wife.
I was so happy that I could have a part in making this day special for Jean-Jacques & Sherrily.  
Welcome to the family!

No comments: