Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DAY 17 - FAMILY DINNER

Suburban Utopia Success!!!
My children returned to school after a 2 1/2 week fall break.  I enjoyed a day of peace and quiet.  I lit my candles without worrying about anyone sticking their fingers in it.  Bliss!
 Then I put this in the crock pot and it became....
 PORK CARNITAS!!!
(get the recipe here)
There is nothing better than sitting down with your family at the end of the day.  We enjoyed great food and the normal boy conversation around the table.  But let's get back to the food....
 It was ridiculously good!
Two Thumbs Way, Way Up!
Smooth transition, right?!?  
Colton's Homecoming Photos!
 Colton's the third from the right.  Love this photo!
But, this one is my favorite!!!
I just have to share one little story.  Between photos, dinner and the actual dance, Colton needed to pick up Riley around 5pm.  Just before 4pm, he came to me and said "I need a tie.  Should I go to Ross?"  I wasn't sure if he really could identify "teal" on a tie so I went with him.  Living in an all boy house, I'm familiar with the lack of planning and foresight.  As I was driving him to the store I thought there is no way we will find a tie in time.  Then I had a thought "Of course he'll find a tie".  I mean, he has not planned at all and thinks that he can find a tie ONE HOUR before picking up his date.  Guarantee it will work out for him.....

and it did.
Boys!
You can start on Day 1 here or 
check out the other 31 Dayers here.

1 comment:

Jen Hakes said...

Cute pictures! Glad your serenity has returned. That dinner does look good!