Wednesday, October 24, 2012

DAY 24 - FALL TREES

After making the Halloween card, I was ready to work on another project.  I found three styrofoam cones in a dollar store bag and decided to work with those.  After some thought, I came up with this idea - cover them in felt and attach some fall leaves.  I love how they turned out!
 And I'm so happy to get rid of these candles!!!  Truth be told, I've had these candles for over a decade. The color has faded and they are beat up from living around 3 boys.
 Back to the project - I made a template out of a sheet of paper, cut out my three colors of felt, and used straight pins to attach the felt to the cones.  This way, I can redo these for Christmas.
 I folded my edge under and then pinned the entire seam.
 After covered the sides, I cut out a circle and pinned it to the top.  Then grab a few leaves, arrange and pin to the cone.
 I love that they will be displayed for the entire fall.
You can start on Day 1 here or 
check out the other 31 Dayers here.

No comments: